- An elasticsearch indexing strategy. The design of these should be determined by how you plan to query the fields that use them.
- catalog index
- The elasticsearch index which holds metadata about the other elasticsearch indices, which in turn represent source trees. The metadata includes format version and other frozen-at-index-time information.
- filtered term
- A query term consisting of an explicit filter name and an argument,
- format version
- A string (though usually looking like an int) signifying the index
format. It is used to control deployments: dxr deploy never
switches to a new version of the web-serving code until all indices
have been brought up to the format version it requires. The format
version is declared in
- The collected data used to answer queries about a tree and render the web-based UI. These are stored in elasticsearch and created by dxr index.
- An elasticsearch schema, declaring the type and indexing strategy for each field
- A piece of arbitrary data attached to either an elasticsearch
filedoc. These are searched for when doing structural queries. Think of these as shining nuggets of information buried in the haystack of a codebase.
- A space-delimited part of a query
- text term
- A query term without an explicit filter name, interpreted as raw text for a substring search